Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
Understand How ERISA Impacts Your Claim
Almost all long-term disability insurance policies provided by employers
fall under the governance of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act
(ERISA). This law was put into effect by the United States Congress in
1974 to shield your employee benefits. ERISA includes certain guidelines
that must be followed throughout the claims process.
The procedures you must follow will be written into the policy of your
individual insurance company. You must demonstrate that you have followed
every step laid out by your insurance carrier before you will be able
to initiate any legal action against them. These rules may include time
limitations and deadlines, so it is extremely important that you learn
about what is required of you and when, so that you can properly pursue
your right to long-term benefits.
How can an ERISA lawyer help me?
Unfortunately, these guidelines can contain complex language and technical
terms. For many people, insurance policies are confusing and overwhelming
- especially if you are already dealing with a serious medical condition
Our ERISA attorneys can help you in your ERISA long-term disability claims by:
- Guiding you through the complicated administrative procedures
- Reviewing your application for the accurate and appropriate documents
- Pursuing a lawsuit on your behalf for a denied claim that we feel has merit
ERISA claims can be stressful, and any mistakes could have big consequences.
Hiring a Maryland Social Security disability attorney can only benefit
your case. At The Bernstein Law Offices, we are familiar with this law
and dedicated to assisting disabled individuals secure disability benefits.
Choose our Maryland attorney at The Bernstein Law Offices!
Check out some of the other reasons why our firm is the team you want in
your corner at this time:
- Reputation for quality service and effective results
- Helped thousands of clients go through the disability claims process
- Recovered millions of dollars in benefits for our clients
- Our lead attorney is a member of the National Organization of Social Security
- A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau
Free initial consultations with an experienced ERISA lawyer
Call The Bernstein Law Offices
today to get started!